Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

July 6, 2007

Heh


Yeah, I know most people around the world would probably read this article in the ABQjournal with a mixture of confusion and distaste.

"How dare they?!" or "How rude?!" or even "How ridiculous!"

Me, I read it with pride. I love that places like Madrid, New Mexico still exist.

It's been well known and well documented in books like "Milagro Beanfield War" and "Red Sky at Morning" that folks in Northern New Mexico don't take well to outsiders. Never have.

I dig that people have taken to vandalizing and protesting. I also love that the article features quotes from two different gentlemen found sitting on the porch at the local mercantile.

That ol' boy from the East Coast is going to press ahead with his plans....I figure he'll probably regret it.

A tip of the cap to Madrid, and yet another reason why I love New Mexico.

(this is getting to be a theme, isn't it?)

Enjoy the weekend...I'm still wobbly on my feet, but making it work.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.