Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

April 29, 2009

These are a few of my perturbing things


No raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens.

No, I'm all kinds of cranky today and need to, you know, just vent.

You know how it goes, you have other friends like me. You are having a perfectly nice day, then they come along and dump their misery. They feel great and you feel bad.

That's me today.

Here we go.

I'm not cranky about anything in particular, just all the little things are wearing down my last nerve until it's just a slick spot. I have, what The Good Man calls "bent whiskers."

So here we go, a few of my most annoying things.


  • People who pour the top couple fingers of coffee out into the trash can at the local coffee place. Yes, I know they need room for cream, and there is nowhere else to deposit the excess java, but for some reason this seriously bugs me. I always think "that will melt the can liner and *can't* be fun for the employee that has to come clean that out." I dunno, maybe my former S'bucks friend (that's you, Nat) can assure me this is not such a bad thing?


  • People who drive itty bitty cars and STILL can't manage to make it between the white lines in the parking lot. Especially when they are using up a full sized space (versus a compact spot). I always want to door ding the %$#@ out of them, but refrain because...


  • ...I also really hate people who door ding other cars. Are you NOT in command of your own car door?


  • Microsoft Excel. It's totally user error, but like most folks, I choose to point the finger outward for my own personal inadequacies. : shrug :


  • That my manicure lasted less than a week. Grr. I want the heavy-duty shellac put on there! The kind they lay on thick like on a basketball court, with all the gleam. It should be super nuclear attached to my nails! One week!!?!?


  • That my frappin' iPhone can't seem to hold a battery charge for more than a day. Remember when mobile phones were only used for making calls? I could make a battery charge last a week on those things. Now with phone, text, email, twitter, web surfing, etc, etc, I wear out that stupid battery in the blink of an eye. Damn you Apple for bringing all of my life onto one tiny energy sucking device!!!!


  • That they only buy the cheapest possible pens at work, but will spring for $400 worth of food for a lunchtime meeting, leaving scads of leftovers. Money down the drain as I scribble with a crap pen. Whatever.


  • That I'm turning forty in a week.


Ok, that last one may be the main perturber...not sure. Either way, I'm massively cranky....


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.