Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

September 14, 2009

Recycled Conversations


So the conversation goes like this:

"Hey, do we have any WD-40?"

"Yeah, I think so, why?"

"Where would it be? I want to fix the squeak in that [curse word] bathroom door."

"Oh. Yeah, it's probably in that same cabinet where we keep the toolbox."

"Ah, ok." sounds of digging around "Found it!"

sounds of more cursing, spraying, door swinging back and forth

Yeah, see, this conversation in a similar form took place on more than occasion between my mom and dad.

The ol' man was hell on squeaks, rattles, and turning off lights when you left a room.

And he was all about the WD-40.

The conversation above? Took place in my home this past weekend.

Only, it was me cursing at the bathroom door, maniacal look on my face as I eliminated the squeak.

So why again is it as you age, you become your parents?

And why again am I becoming my father?

When I start wearing Sears brand jeans and listening to Big Band music, you all have my permission to take me down, Mutual of Omaha-style.

Damn bathroom door is pretty quiet now, though.


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Archive