Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

May 14, 2008

You, sir…


…are no tortilla soup.

Look at this! Just look at this abomination!



This is what the cafeteria at work calls "tortilla soup"!

I. Don't. Think. So.

Where's the green chile? Where's the tender pieces of potato? Where's the juicy chunks of chicken?

This is an insult to a good girl from New Mexico.

However, this is what I'm having for lunch. The other soup choice was "vegan minestrone", which, normally, I'm quite happy with.

Until I ladled it up. It was a sickly, pale looking soup. Not only has my cafeteria insulted Hispanics everywhere, they've also done a job on the Italians.

It's not ok

It took only a brief Google search to net a photo of the deliciousness that is REAL tortilla soup.

Somewhere in the world, someone is having a piping bowl of this…and that knowledge will get me through this day…


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.