Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

August 22, 2008

Pilgrimage to Meet My Heroine


FINALLY, after waiting not so patiently for SO long, August 21 got here.

Why's that important, you ask?

Well, yes, it's my Mom's birthday (Feliz CumpleaƱos, mi Mommy!), but there was something else arriving on this date. Rather, someone else.

Last evening, The Crafty Chica brought her Spread the Sparkle Tourto San Jose.

Kathy is touring in support of her new product line, now available in Michael's stores (yes, even one in Albuquerque).

I personally have dropped fat cash on glitter, hot hot papers, charms, bracelet kits and more.

Kathy brings a Dia del los Muertos vibe to her products (and her art) and she's made it totally accessible for your average Josephine like me.

I got the chance to hang out with Kathy again last night and was nervous as heck! I was astounded that not only did she *remember* me, she called me by name.

Kathy has such a fantastic vibe and is chock FULL of energy. I get totally drawn in by her magnetic charm!

I think I'm so into The Crafty Chica because it's amazing to see someone who's made it by 1) having, yes, TALENT, 2) working hard, 3) and being a genuinely nice person.

There are folks who have "made it" and you wonder why or how they got there. Not so with Kathy. She's earned every tiny glitter sparkle of her success and it shows.

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get any photos to share. I'd FULLY intended to get a picture WITH my Personal Goddess, but I got SO geeked out, I forgot.

I was driving home last night smacking hand to head over and over….

Oh well.

I'm sure in this crazy life, if it's meant to be, our paths will cross again.

For now, to Kathy, you've given me NEW inspiration to kick my crafting back into gear. I've an Esty store to get set up!

THANK YOU!



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.