Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

August 26, 2008

The terrorists stole my plot line!


Was sitting at my desk at work, drumming my fingers on the faux wood surface wondering, "What on earth can I post about in my blog today"…and not finding many answers.

That's when nature (and two cups of hot tea) called and I was forced to rise from my desk and use the facilities. I walked along thinking, "I need a topic, I need a topic, I need a topic".

I went over to the other half of the building since the loo near me was being serviced by the faboo janitorial team.

When I went into the "other side" I noticed that the door to what I thought was a janitorial closet (and is always tightly closed) was slightly open. It's NEVER open. Being the nosy Nellie that I am, I peeked in there.

Little did I know that there's a shower and a small set of lockers in this building! I looked over the lockers and noticed that all you gotta do is slap a lock on the locker of your choice.

Nice.

So *immediately* my fiction writer brain thought "god…what a great place to stash something…"

Remember when airports and bus stations used to have lockers where, for the fee of one quarter, you could stash your suitcase or whatever for a bit while you did something else?

Whatever happened to those? They made for GREAT plot points in MANY a mystery story.

How the bad guy would stash the murder weapon there and thought he got away with it but no, he couldn't resist going BACK to the locker and by now the police were tailing him and he gets flat *busted* there in the Greyhound station, red handed, red faced, red wristed when the cuffs get slapped on.

It was fun. It was convenient! It was a great hiding place.

Why don't we have them anymore? 9-freaking-eleven, that's why.

Ok, so no more in bus station and airports, but now THIS find. I bet they don't check these lockers here at work all that often. I could put damning evidence like receipts from surreptitious wire transfers and plots to take over the world with my fleet of robot drones!

Ah hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Oh, @#$%.....I guess I can't do it now. I just published my idea on the interwebs.

*sigh*

Back to work.



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.