Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

November 11, 2008

I'm doin' it!


Clearly I've lost my mind. But that's ok, I never really had it gripped all that tight to begin with.

And that's oooookay.

In the midst of traveling and changing jobs and the upcoming holiday season, I have decided, once more this year, to participate in National Novel Writing Month, or as we in the know call it, NaNoWriMo or just NaNo.

This will be my fourth year to attempt the death defying feat of writing 50,000 words in thirty calendar days.

I have tried and succeeded each time. Each year has been its own odyssey into learning about myself, about how I write and about scooting that internal editor over to the side and just putting down the words.

This year is looking a little...shaky.

I wasn't as fired up about my story idea as I've been in past years. And I've learned when you are lost in the abyss at about 25,000 words, a really good, fun, story idea helps you climb through.

So that's worrisome.

Last year I got a late start but ended up finishing in fifteen stupid whirlwind days. Who does that? 50,000 words in fifteen days?

Ah, the occasional benefits of being rampantly OCD!

This year, I got a late start, and despite having a killer six thousand word day yesterday, the fire just isn't in my belly.

And that worries me.

Ah well, too soon to get really concerned. There are still 19ish days left in this race. A marathon, not a sprint.

If you want to follow my progress, I've put a handy dandy little widget over on the left sidebar so you can follow me along. Today I'm at about 12k words. Still many, many left to go.

All good thoughts and voices of support are welcome!




Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.