Blogging friend and frequent commenter SinPantalones has challenged her readers to answer ten of her personally handcrafted questions.
Then, once answered, we are further challenged to write ten of our own and present them to our readers to do the same.
Sort of one them thar internet meme things, I think.
Anyhoo, I'm easily entertained by such things, and so, I officially take the challenge
Here we go:
1) Breakfast sausage: Patties or links?
Oh patties, hands down. I may be in the minority on this. I sort of hate the skin thing that links are wrapped in. I know it used to be animal intestine, but now it's something weird that I can't quite digest. Plus, with patties, your odds of a fully cooked sausage are much higher. I can't tell you how much I hate biting into a link sausage and finding it uncooked in the middle. Bleeecky.
2) I hate to do this to you, but I'm going to resort to the age-old Desert Island question. Which three LPs/CDs/musical collections and which three books would you like to have with you if you were stranded on an unpopulated desert island?
Okay, this is a tough one. Three records: The Mavericks "Music for all Occasions, Alison Krauss & Union Station "I've Got That Old Feeling" and probably the George Strait box set.
As for books..."Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry, "Moby Dick" by Herman Mellville (because hell, I'll have some time on my hands and a long book might be helpful) and maybe "The Sun Also Rises" by Hemingway.
3) Toilet paper: Over or under?
Over. Absolutely over. I'm very, very firm about this.
4) If you could wish any one celebrity completely and utterly out of existence--POOF!-- who would it be?
I was going to say Heidi Montag, but she's not really a celebrity and her 15 minutes are up soon.
So I'm going with Tom Cruise. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.
5) As regards dating/attraction, what are your three biggest dealbreakers? What three qualities/attributes/characteristics can you simply not stomach?
Hmm, this is a tough one. Over the years I've learned a lot about how every person has something that is intriguing. Yes, I said everyone.
So turn offs have to be pretty serious. I guess going back over my sketchy dating past, I'd have to say anyone verbally and/or physically abusive is a no go. An alcoholic and/or recreational drug user is also a no way. And finally, someone who is unwilling to put me and our relationship as top priority.
That last one is a big deal for me.
6) What is your favorite television commercial and why?
My bologna has a first name, it's O-s-c-a-r...
Cute, catchy and makes bologna sound appetizing!
7) What is your comfort food?
Oh so hard to pick just one. Probably Velveeta cheese chile con queso over fresh corn chips.
8) It's 1979 and you are a heterosexual man. (Or a homosexual woman, actually. Either one. You choose.) You can have a steamy one-night stand with Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, or Olivia Newton John. Which one?
Ooooh, tough call between Stevie and Tina. I think Tina would scare me so bad (but in a real nice way) that I'd have trouble stepping *up* to the challenge, so to speak.
Steve is probably a little freaky. Ok, I'll go Stevie.
9) When you were eight years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? Or was that even something you were thinking about at the time?
Weirdly, I used to play that I owned my own business when I was a kid. My folks had this huge adding machine that I used as a cash register and I made up these invoices with carbon paper between the pages.
I cringe now thinking on it, but it's true. I played at being a business lady.
Strange ass kid. Where were my dreams of being a superstar?! A model?! An actress!? A ballerina? Nope, Little Miss Practicality....
10) If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?
My genetic disposition to a lower tummy. No matter how much weight I lose, no matter how skinny the women in my family get, there is always that belly out there.
Ever since I was a little kid, I yearned for a flat tummy. I've never in my life had it.
Ok, on that low self esteem note...here's my ten questions.
I challenge my readers to answer on their blog and post a link in the comments. I look forward to reading your replies!!
1) What is your favorite fast food place, and why? Any answers of "oh, I never eat fast food" will be disqualified.
2) If you could be any one famous person for a week, who would it be and what would you do as that person?
3) Regarding the gas tank in your car, are you one of those "never let it get below half a tank" people, or do you run it down to fumes before getting a fill up?
4) If you could be gifted with either the talent of truly gifted athlete (think Willie Mays, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky) or the intellect of a Nobel Prize winning scientist (think Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein), which would you choose, and why?
5) Slushies come in three flavors: grape, orange and cherry. Which flavor do you choose?
6) Do you play the lottery? If so, how often and have you ever had any luck? If no, why not?
7) Have you ever "borrowed" somebody else's stuff from the office 'fridge? (lunch, CoffeMate, yogurt, etc)
8) Speaking of the office. Here's the scenario: You need to make a copy so you walk up to the copy machine. The readout flashes, "paper jam". Do you turn around and walk away, or do you try to fix the problem?
9) Who is the most famous person you have ever actually met in person. As in shook their hand or had them speak directly to you or signed an autograph for you personally.
10) After living a full life where you have accomplished all of your goals, you find it is your last day on Earth. You are provided a last meal consisting of whatever food and beverage you choose. What do you order?
Ok class, grab your #2 pencils and let's get to work! I look forward to reading your answers!