Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

June 8, 2007

Max Evans


If you don't know who Max Evans (the writer, not the "Roswell" character) is, you should.

If you are a New Mexican and you don't know who Max Evans is...for *shame*.

Max is truly one of ours and in behind the deeply furrowed face of that crazy man beats the heart of New Mexico.

If you don't know about him, get thee to the nearest receptacle of books, be it library or retailer and take a look. He's a writer of cowboy stories. He's an artist. He's a funnyman and a raconteur extraordinaire. No one puts a spin on a story like ol' Max.

And so I was happy to read this interview with him in the Albuquerque Tribune.

He's got a new book out, "For The Love of A Horse" that I will probably burst into flames moving so fast to acquire. (Amazon reports only two in stock so this may be harder to come by than I first imagined....)

I, too, have been influenced by the horses I've known in my life. I remember them better than I do most former boyfriends. And I remember them more fondly too.

I'm fired up to read his stories. I expect alternating pangs of homesickness and heartbroke over the steeds that have come and gone. Should be awesome!




By the by, as an update to my last post, my mom is improved, but not out of the woods. My brother is there with her now and we are waiting on some test results. I may have to head back out there next week and am NOT looking forward to it. Work is insane and family life is insane and I want to escape into the relatively un-insane home I share with my incredibly sane man and hide...for a long time....

Day at a time.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.