Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

June 3, 2008

Patience


I don't have it.

Despite it's virtuous qualities.

Was talking with a friend at work today (she's my lunch buddy). We were lamenting a current frustrating situation involving both of us.

She said, "I know the universe must be testing my patience, this just has to be a lesson."

I said, "Well, I must be having to learn this lesson just by being in proximity to you. I'm *sure* I'm good on the patience."

To which we both burst out laughing.

I have to wonder how I got so damn impatient with the world.

Then I remember my hop-from-foot-to-foot-like-a-flea father and wonder how I ever could have ended up a patient person. He was a good man, but patience wasn't his virtue either.

Ah well. I yam what I yam.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.