Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

June 12, 2008

Yipe!


Aw, who is that cute girl caught in the headlights?




That would be, you know, me.

Under 60 days out from "the big event" and my cool, calm demeanor has cracked.

Silly me to think that people to whom you pay an exorbitant amount of money would, you know, just DO their jobs.

I thought it was ridiculous when The Good Man told me early on we needed to manage these people. Nah, silly me thought. People will behave like professionals until they prove themselves otherwise.

Ah the proofs. So painfully coming in otherwise.

I think I understand how some people become Bridezillas.

I don't want to be a Bridezilla. I want to be a Bridecoolgirl. Or Brideprettyprincess.

My work life is pretty negotiation intensive. I spend 40+ hours a week telling suppliers how much they've screwed up and to get their collective sh-- together.

I try, oh do I try, not to do this in my personal life. Separation of church and state and all that.

Ooooh but no, they are making me get out my Incredible Procurement Hulk ninja skills.

Believe me…you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

This is supposed to be a party. When does it get fun?

And if I hear ONE more person tell me, "Oh don't worry! That day will be all about YOU!".....


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.