Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

June 30, 2008

What's in a name?


As spotted in the Albuquerque Journal...

quote:

"The state Court of Appeals has ruled against a Los Alamos man who wanted to change his name...to 'F--- Censorship!'"
________


Well all righty! Here, I'm freaking out trying to think of all the places I'll have to go to make sure my new married name is on record. Meanwhile, there are people who do this kind of thing every day!

More:

"(The) law was clarified in a 2004 case in the same court that apparently involved the same petitioner. In that case, an Albuquerque man whose name was Snaphappy Fishsuit Mokiligon got the go-ahead from the appeals court to change his name to Variable."
_____

And now Variable wants to be F--- Censorship! Um. How do you put that on checks? Do people call you Mr. Censorship? Is the exclamation point part of the name?

This sends the creative juices a'flowing in my mind. I mean, the possibilities are ENDLESS. If I'm already in there mucking around with my legal name, are there other things I'd like to append on there?

Sockittome G Fingledangerburginstein?

Or maybe go with the one name in the vein of Cher, Madonna and Iman.

How about...

Cranky

Or...

Chartreuse

Or

Mood

Hmm.

Much to ponder.........



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.