Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

September 8, 2008

Monday, Monday


Can't trust that day.

Another Monday in the life after a quick yet faboo weekend. It's always hard to come back to work after a short two days away from work.

Hard to find my groove again.

The oppressive heat isn't helping with the whole "groove" thang either. It's hot here. Really, gaggingly hot.

And for my New Mexico readers who say, "Ah c'mon, you are a desert girl. It's not THAT hot!" may I remind you that…I have NO AIR CONDITIONING.

None.

Zilch.

Zip.

Nada.

The jokesters here in the Bay Area are all like "ooooh, there's foooog. It's 'nature's air conditioning' you don’t need anything else."

To them I sah "bah!"

At least my car has working a/c and my office…well, my office is *too* well air-conditioned. There are icicles hanging off my cubicle walls.

I wear a sweater all day only to come home to a sweat box (I swear, The Good Man, the Feline and I all could go on a Native American spiritual journey in there). That can't be healthy.

I actually prefer to be hot. But right now my freezing hands are wrapped around a cup of hot tea while I wear a thick sweater.

And I'm *sure* keeping a two story office building at meat locker temperature isn't wasting energy at ALL!

Can't we just clack the movie marker and start this one again?

Ready? Action!




Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.