Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

September 11, 2008

September 11th - A moment of reflection


The passing of seven years has maybe lessened the immediacy of the pain, the wrenching in the heart.

But it's still there. The hurt. The memories.

I had a chance to visit ground zero a couple years ago. What was most amazing was the nothing. The huge empty space in a booming metropolitan town.

I remember that day seven years ago in vivid detail. I remember where I was, what I was doing.

I'm amazed at how far I've come since then. How much personal loss I had in the wake of the national loss. How much I've grown. How much stronger I've become.

And on today, I mourn not only for those who lost their loved ones on that historic day, I mourn for who I was then…and take strength in the enduring power of human spirit.


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.