Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

September 2, 2008

Aw damn.


Musician Jerry Reed died today at the all too young age of 71.

Ol' Jerry was one of the first concerts I ever took in. I was with my mom, the venue was Tingley Coliseum. The event was the rodeo at the New Mexico State Fair. Yes, I know it's Expo New Mexico now. I grew up there. I call it like it was. :)

I don't remember how old I was....less than 10 I think? Yeah, it was firmly in the 70's.

I've always had a soft spot for Jer. Through all the Smokey and the Bandit movies. Through all his ridiculous and funny songs.

He was a talented man.

He will be missed. At least by me.

He lives on in my memories.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.