Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

February 12, 2009

Back in my day


You know, back in my day, if a person were to have occasion to be walking down the street, holding an entire conversation with only themselves, we'd call them nutty, cross the street to get away from them and cover our children's eyes.

These days? No, it's commonplace. We just figure it's all normal.

I went downstairs this afternoon to the snack shop in my building for a cup of frozen yogurt. When I walked in the small shop, the oddball guy working there was deep in the middle of a conversation. By himself.

He was speaking, answering, getting a little lively in the discourse.

I naturally assumed he was on the Bluetooth headset for his cell phone.

So I went about the dispensation of some boysenberry no-fat fro-yo. When I went to pay, the young man was still chatting away, waving arms.

He saw me and was like, "oh hi, that will be two dollars."

He wasn't on the phone.

Nope. He's just a good old-fashioned slice of crazy in a brown apron.

Hiding in plain sight.

Questionably sane people can't even get noticed in this town anymore!



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.