Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

February 24, 2009

A new look at an old topic


Far be it from me to be short sighted, but there is one issue I discussed recently that, as of today, I've seen a whole different view on.

See, I've found a way this can benefit me, and that's a horse of a whole different color.

The topic was about the guy in my office snack shop talking wildly to himself. I thought he was on a Bluetooth headset. He was not. Original post here.

Well, today, driving to work, I had my iPod shuffle rigged up in the Jeep. See, while in New Mexico, I begged, borrowed, and *ahem* borrowed some music from my best friend's extensive collection of classic country tunes.

Many of them made their way to my iPod, and as is my way, when a real good song comes on, singing along isn't just a choice, it's a mandatory.

So as I rolled into the parking lot at work holding a car concert, I was in full voice along with Gene Watson. (If you are a fan of country and don't know Gene Watson, well...you should...).

Anyhow, I turned the corner into the parking lot as a lady who had already parked her car skittered in front of me. She looked my way and I didn't even miss a beat, I kept singing along. The lady just looked away and kept walking.

I thought, "Wow, she didn't even give me a strange look."

Then I realized...she probably thought I was talking on a Bluetooth headset.

Crazy cuts both ways.



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.