Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

February 26, 2009

What is wrong with these people?


You can employ them at a Fortune 500 company, but you can't make them think.

Found this today in the copy room where I work.





See, what's happened here is that someone needed to get at some paper, and were foiled by those sturdy yellow bands around the box. I get that. They suck.

And yes, there isn't a pair of scissors to be found in the area, which has often perplexed me.

Right above those reams of paper, there is a staple puller, which is my usual tool of choice to hack and nip at the confounded yellow band until it comes loose.

But that right there is just the work of savages. I mean it's like an animal got at it and tore away, struggling for their very life for....a packet of copy paper.

Last time I saw something that brutal was a picnic lunch left in a car in Yellowstone.

I'm all the more ticked because I'm collecting those paper boxes. There is a MASSIVE home clean out and storage project underway, and a sturdy box with a lid is useful. This one is now rendered useless to me. And it is, after all, all about me.

Although, if I step back and take a different perspective, that was sort of an ingenious "I shan't let you beat me, confounded yellow band" tactic. Sort of raccoonish, really. Tear a hole, reach in and get the goods, slip away unnoticed.

Ok, I've gone from thinking this person a buffoon to thinking them a quiet genius.

I can talk myself into or out of just about anything.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.