Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

May 22, 2007

*coff*


I am under the weather today.

I feel puny.

When I said as much to a coworker today, she responded by saying, "But you look great."

Uh. Ok.

Which caused me to remember some observations I had made a few weeks back while at my local HMO waiting to see my doc for a routine checkup.

Why is it human nature that when we feel bad, we dress bad?

Now I'm not saying you need to wear your Dior and pearls to see your surgeon, but I am saying, why have we let soiled sweat pants and slippers become an acceptable norm?

I put on pants, a clean shirt, brushed my hair, dabbed at some makeup and came to work (because I *had* to, tho I really should have stayed home.....)

And now they are looking at me dubiously because I "look too good to be sick".

What?

I think I'll go lick that lady's keyboard when she's not looking. See how SHE feels...or better yet, how she looks when she's fighting the guff that's going around.

Grrr.......

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.