Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

December 30, 2007

I have a crush.


I'm wildly, passionately, unabashedly in love with The Crafty Chica.

There. I said it.

I came across her book, The Crafty Chica Collection, at my library. (my local library roooocks. I am a huge fan of the library.) As a New Mexico girl, it sang to me.

I've been possessed by it since. I also have two more of her books checked out, and one on hold.

And when I say possessed, I mean full on OCD, freak out, dropping cash at Michaels, dreaming about it at night, spending free time all over the glue gun, buy me some glitter, rhinestones!, possessed. I'm into it.

And bless The Cute Boy™, he's rather supportive of the craftiness. He even scored crafty-perfect Xmas gifts. God, I love that man. The Feline thinks she needs to sleep in the craft box. It's a tug-o-war. I'm not sure that as The Human that I'm winning.

So, since I'm gonna own it, publicly admit my crush, here are some photos of my stuff inspired by the Chica. This is what I've put together on my time off from work. (have I mentioned that not working for two weeks is utterly the best? Sleep. Whatta concept!)

This is a small photo of, yes, me. Little me. This was just a "let's see what I can do with this spare piece of cardboard and some glitter glue". It's not perfect, yet I like it:



And here is the piece I'm working on now. I've always been all in love with Dia de los Muertos images and art and so the Crafty Chica gave me some ideas and some how-tos and I'm off to the races. I made all the clay beads. I've had dreams about making this and it's coming together really well.



It's not a lot to show for my time off so far, but lots of things are in motion. This is MUCH more fun than work!


Photos by Karen Fayeth and crafty art by Karen Fayeth too.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.