Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

February 25, 2008

The only constant is change


I'm way too late to this party, but that's ok. Here's the old news:

The venerable Albuquerque Tribune published its last edition on Saturday, February 23.

Albuquerque's afternoon paper had been around 86 years. Quite a run, actually.

I always liked the Trib, their comics were way better, at least back in the day. Plus, when I was home after school, but before my folks got home, I could dash out, read the comics, fold it back up right and all was good. I always got the morning Journal after it has been thoroughly read and smudged by both parents and siblings. Kind of a weird memory, I admit.

I found the writing style and layout of the Trib more accessible then the ABQJournal. I admit it was often the "light" news source, but it was my preference.

We may see it again in a different incarnation, but for now, it's a story that goes quiet.

Goodbye, old friend. Sad to see you go the way of many other dailies that couldn't make it work in this Internet era.

*sigh*

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.