Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

February 13, 2008

"Let me tell you how it will be


There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman"**


Ah yes, it's that time of year again.

Paid a visit to Mr. Tax Man today. A good man. Conservative. Just what I want in a tax preparer.

I sold a couple shares of stock this year. So Uncle Sam will come whistlin' through my paycheck before April. Ouch.

I asked Mr. Tax Man if he thought the planned rebates would help stimulate the sagging economy. He said he didn't see how since the last one didn't either.

Oh well. All my employees are madly scouring their W2's to see if they get the rebate. One will miss it by $800. An f-bomb was issued in response. No rebate will be coming my way. *sigh*

So it goes. I remember taxes always made my Dad incredibly tense back in the day. I'm rather happy to give money to a professional to worry about such things. I give him my ragtag pile of documents and he makes magic.

It's all good.

"If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet"







**with thanks and acknowledgement to The Beatles for writin' it and Stevie Ray Vaughan for making it move.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.