Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

April 23, 2008

Got the homesick blues


A friend back in Albuquerque sent this to me in an email.

I don't know who took the photo but I'd happily credit them, it's gorgeous.

The photo came with only this explanation:

"This is why we live where we do. Someone shared this with me recently. The photo was taken during the '07 ABQ Inter. Balloon Fiesta and the Celebration of the City of Albuquerque's birthday (400th, I believe). The city had high-intensity halogen lights up on the Crest that were only powered by small 12 volt batteries!"

I had to shrink it to get it into this blog space, but the full size is gorgeous. So gorgeous I actually wept a little when I saw it.

Image removed at the request of the photographer, Glenn Hohnstreiter. You can view it on his webpage. Go take a look. You'll be glad you did.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.