Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

April 29, 2008

Cha-cha-changes


2008 is ending up being an oddball year. I mean, we're a third of the way into it and bizarre sh*t is goin' on.

In January, The Good Man and I celebrated a year of living together, which is STILL quite a change to me (in the best possible way).

In the first part of February I up and got engaged. Hell, I was never even sure that the whole "marriage" thing was part of the plan for this crazy life of mine, and yet, here it is, all up in my grille.

At work I was up for a promotion but instead in March they hired someone else. My new boss. Who is a VAST change from my last boss, and not in a good way.

On Friday of last week, the entire department I work for up and moved buildings. We're now in a building at the far reaches of the same town where headquarters is located. You have to drive to get there from here. We's in the back forty, as they say where I come from.

And in this move, I had to give up my beautiful office (with a window!) and move into an 8x8 cube. As a matter of fact, I think they bought these cubes used off of a veal rancher, because I tell you, wedged in here, my rump steaks are getting mighty marbled.

The fabulous Feline got that weird spot taken off her nose…that had been with her for many years, so even my pet got caught in the winds of change.

It's an election year = change

I filled up my car this morning and for the first time paid $4.00 for gas. Ouchie change.

And for some reason, I've suddenly taken up drinking wine vs the usual mixed drinks I've enjoyed for years. What is up with THAT?

That's it, I'm pulling out my Ziggy Stardust gear, strapping on the platform boots, and singing….

Cha-cha-cha-changes….(Turn and face the strain)


Because you know what?


Time may change me

But I can't trace time



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.