Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

April 21, 2008

Hot or not?


Yes, I think hot.

Been getting a lot of compliments today at work about my outfit.

Well, one aspect of my outfit. My boots. They rock.

So why am I blogging about this?

Well. You see, I bought these little beauties about three months ago. I brought them home and quickly tried them on to show The Good Man. He looked at them, then gave me that sort of look you get when you sniff the milk carton well past its expiry.

He didn't like them. Said I looked like a CHP Officer (and not in a good way).

And he has REALLY good taste in clothes, so I tend to listen to him.

With sadness, I put them away in my closet. They were so cool. I didn't want to take them back, but I didn't think I'd wear them if they give my beloved "that look" on his face.

Over the months I keep seeing cute little gals wearing same or similar kicks, and I keep thinking, "I have some of those…"

Something snapped over the weekend and I decided, "yes, I will wear them, curdled milk face or not."

This morning I pulled them out from the closet depths, paired them with a fave springtime skirt and an appropriate top.

And as my love and I walked to the CalTrain station, he said, "Hey, I really like those boots".

Umm hmm.

"I take you in sickness and in health, in odd fashion choices and when you rock the runway…" Can I get an I do on those vows?

Anyhow, here are the kicks in question:



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.