Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

July 4, 2008

By contrast


Wednesday night, at Sears Fine Food, in the great city of San Francisco...

Over kick ass eats, starting with an avocado and crab salad, while discussing the day, life, so on, I say to my fiancée, "I think I'm a little bit in love with my new handbag." I pick it up and show it to him.

He replies, "Yeah, you seem to be happy with it," and turns back to the Giants baseball game playing over the bar.


Thursday afternoon, at Wahoo's Fish Tacos, deep in the heart of Silicon Valley...

Over taquitos and spicy beans, I say to one of my closest girlfriends, "I think I’m a little bit in love with my new handbag." I pick it up and show it to her.

She stretches out her arms and makes a "gimme gimme" gesture with her hands.

I hand it to her. "Kenneth Cole," I say, "on *major* sale at Macy's."

She plunges her face into the supple leather and inhales deeply. "God, I love that smell," she says.

And as she hands it back to me, she says, "THAT is a great bag."


Moral of the story?

Know your audience.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Archive