Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

July 2, 2008

Well hey, little lady…don't get mad there…


Grr.

I got mad today. At work. Really mad. Justifiably mad, actually.

It happens, right? You can never expect to go through life, or least of all, work, without someone ticking you off.

What with everyone having their own *opinion* and everything.

I was mad at a representative from a perpetually maddening organization (*coff*legal*coff*) and was, uh, vocalizing my opinions toward my computer screen.

Being that I sit in a cubicle environment, of course, those seated around me can hear such…vocalizations.

So a couple of coworkers came over…people who are working on this same project and had reason to feel as emotional as me about the recent developments.

Then *it* happened.

"Oh…that's too bad…calm down," followed by a pat-pat on the arm.

Here's a little hint to dealing with me. Never tell me to "calm down" when I’m anything but…and NEVER pat me condescendingly on the arm or head or shoulder.

Never.

And you know who are the worst offenders of this? Women.

Oh yeah. Most women just want to "keep the peace" and have everyone "get along" or whatever.

Would anyone pat-pat a man on the shoulder and tell him to "calm down?"

Not bloody likely.

Oh, I have to be a "good" girl, don't get loud, don't get emotional, don't express feelings. No, just caaaaalm down, : pat pat : and go along to get along.

Working a theme here in my blog this week, I say F that!

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Archive