Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

March 19, 2008

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy…


No, I’m not doing an Easter bunny impression. Tho Easter is nigh…can you JUST believe it? Easter already. To where do the months evaporate?

Meanwhile, back to my anticipatory restlessness.

I have truly become an internet consumer. I ordered something *really cool* online last week. They said it would ship the next day. It did not. My expectation was one day ship. I demand one day ship!

Yesterday I navigated an awful call tree at Big Conglomerate (and I work for a different Big Conglomerate and procure call trees as part of my job, so I know from which I speak) and when I finally got a real person on the line, I screwed up my righteous indignation and demanded to know where my not inexpensive product was.

I was told, "huh…we can't figure out why it didn't ship. I need to contact the warehouse. It will take 24 to 48 business hours to get back to you."

Business hours? Ok, where I come from "business day" is eight hours. I'm no good at math, but 24 divided by 8 is THREE DAYS.

To which I replied, "I am NOT happy with that estimate".

They said that was just to protect in case of a weekend, but they really meant one to two days.

One day has elapsed. No response.

Back on the phone. In an endless hold queue.

How 'bout this to ponder. Why does on hold music universally SUCK? It is the soundtrack to my insanity. It really is.

Meanwhile, my leg is bouncing.

I reeeeeally want this item I've ordered. It's not like air or food or something. I just have internet buyer lust.

Plus, by buying something, I'm, like, helping the economy, maaahn!

*sigh*

"Please continue to hold and your call will be answered in the order it was received."

: hostile :



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.