Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

March 20, 2008

East bound and down…


…loaded up and truckin'

Yes, I just quoted the theme from "Smokey and the Bandit" and I'm not sorry.

Ok, maybe a little sorry. But I'd do it again.

I'm in kind-of-panicked but mostly excited mode because I have some travel coming up next week.

In the many long years I've worked at The Company, I've only traveled a scant three times. This will be my fourth trip on the company dime.

I get to go to Northern Florida. For a conference.

There's not a lot going on in the Northern half of Florida. But that's ok. I got that "anywhere but here" thing going. I haven't traveled in a REALLY long time and I'm anxious to get going. I do love to go places.

There are some downsides.

1) It's Florida. And still Spring Break season. I may have to pimp slap some drunk college kids. I'll do it too.

2) I'm not going for fun. I'm going to work. True, a conference isn't exactly *work*, but it involves sitting indoors, eating conference chicken and being over air conditioned to within an inch of my life.

3) It is one long ass plane ride to get from the left coast to the right one. Yeah, shaddup all you "oh, but to fly to Australia is WAY longer" or whatever. I'm just saying… Mama gets restless on a plane. Five hours plus three time zones is just long enough to piss me off, not long enough to get anywhere really good…like London or something.

4) Disney. God I hate Disney. And there is little else to do BUT freakin' Disney where I'm going. Gaaaaah! I Googled "fun non-Disney things to do" and found…well, not much.

Oh well. It's a trip. That I'm not paying for. It will be warm. I won't have to sit at my desk. And the Atlantic is warm.

So there you have it.

I keep thinking "oh, I should pack goggles" then remind myself "WORK! This is work!"

I am taking the camera tho…I'll share any interesting shots. (nod to Avelino on this)



Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.