Oh Fair New Mexico has moved! Click below and update your bookmarks!:

March 3, 2008

A survivor's tale


They got me. It was an all out attack. Nasty little buggars. Small. Vicious. Pack mentality. They work best in groups, plan their strategy and take down their prey.

They tend to migrate. They know the best hunting grounds fresh with prey and return to them year after year. They spread. You never see just one or two. They multiply. Fast.

As old ones go out, new ones rush in to take their place. Unstoppable.

I ran into a nest of 'em right outside my grocery store. I never stood a chance.



Thankfully the losses were minimal. I got out with only a box of Thin Mints and a box of Samoas.

I'll know to keep my guard up next time......


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
All content of Oh Fair New Mexico by Karen Fayeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.